gets the root-cause
of your health issues."
What is Functional Medicine?
Often functional medicine (FM) is referred to as root-cause medicine with the goal of understanding the source of a health condition. Once the source is identified and treated, this improves not only the symptoms a patient presents with, but also the many others that stem from it.
We work alongside our patients to improve their health, but it takes time and effort from each individual to achieve the type of health they are looking for. We are most often using individualized food plans, vitamins and minerals, and often other herbal treatments to help heal the body in the safest and most effective ways possible…
What to expect at your appointment
- Before your first appointment you will be asked to complete a comprehensive questionnaire.
- You should allot at least 90 minutes for your first visit.
- At the appointment we will thoroughly review your health history, lifestyle, present concerns, and previous treatments.
- After information has been gathered, we will develop a plan for your care. This may include standard or specialty lab testing. Our current specialty testing options include:
- Diagnostic Solutions GI Map
- Genova Diagnostics GI Effects
- Genova SIBO breath test
- Genova Diagnostics NutrEval
- DUTCH Hormone and Adrenal Testing
- Doctors Data Comprehensive Neurotransmitter Testing
- Great Plains Mycotoxin profile
- FIT KBMO Food Sensitivity Test
- Note: this list may be subject to change
- We will determine a follow-up visit schedule.
- We will review completed testing.
- We will develop a personalized care plan which may include specific dietary recommendations, supplements or prescriptions, exercise, and mindfulness practices.
- You may also be referred to a health coach or dietician if you would like additional support between visits.
About Sarah Rodewald, NP-C
Sarah graduated from Wright State University with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing and practiced on an Advanced Care Pulmonary Unit at Miami Valley Hospital for 6 years. She received her Masters of Science in Nursing at Cedarville University and has been practicing as a Family Nurse Practitioner since 2016 at Western Medicine Family Physicians. During her time working she has also been training and working toward certification with The Institute for Functional Medicine. She firmly believes that we need a balance between both western and functional medicine practices to be able to help each person to the fullest extent possible.
Sarah was born and raised in Ohio and still enjoys visiting her family as often as she can. She has been married to her husband Josh for 10+ years and they have two boys, Weston and Vaughn. Sarah enjoys her time off playing with her boys as much as possible, going on hikes, kayaking, and traveling. Her favorite destination by far was her honeymoon destination in Bora Bora.
“I have been a patient of Sarah Rodewald for about 8 months. I came to her initially after having visited various general practitioners and specialists for multiple years about abdominal pain and severe fatigue. These doctors’ visits were always brief and provided no solution or remedies aside from typical OTC drugs, heavy medications, or inconclusive and expensive scans. On the contrary, Sarah’s functional health process prioritized spending valuable and extensive one on one time with me, actively listening and reviewing medical histories and symptoms. In this way, Sarah was able to set up a series of blood work tests that quickly identified my most pertinent medical issues and, subsequently, prescribe me a comprehensive organic and herbal supplement regiment and effective lifestyle changes. After a short amount of time, I was relieved of a very significant amount of my symptoms and things continue to improve in a way that I never could have imagined after endless traditional doctor visits. Thank you to Sarah and her team for their excellent care and finally giving my life back!”